Circular saws are hardly considered entry-level tools, but once you start getting into serious, do-it-yourself projects, you’re going to want the best circular saw you can find. Surprisingly, however, this isn’t going to be the roughest, most rugged unit on the market, or the one that’s capable of plowing its way through the absolute hardest materials. Instead, the best circular saw is going to be a very flexible, adaptable unit – one that just as good at delicate, detail-oriented precision work as it is at moving through tough, engineered wood. Whether you’re a novice or a veritable expert with power tools, you’ll also want a saw that’s got a number of practical, in-built safety features. Following are several reasons why the Makita circular saw is often the top choice among both seasoned professionals and guys who like tackling big projects on their own.
20 Years As The Best Circular Saw For Tough Jobs
- The Makita circular saw has been around in various incarnations for quite a long time. In fact, this has been called the best circular saw for more than 2 decades. The latest versions of the Makita circular saw have:
- A well-balanced design
- A safe, rubberized and ergonomic handles with a non-slip grip
- Heavy duty motors (13 amps to 15 amps with 2300 watts of power)
- Heavy-gauge aluminum wrapping
- The ability to go up to 12 hours without overheating
- A lightweight design (just 10 pounds)
- Two, in-built cutting line lights for enhanced visibility
- Smooth operation
- Positive stops at 22.5 and 45 degrees
The Pros And Cons Of The Makita Circular Saw
- In addition to being lightweight and easy to handle, the Makita circular saw provides a number of benefits that many of its counterparts do not. These include: Better accuracy during precision cutting due to the inclusion of LED lights.
- An include dust blower for clearing away particulates during tough jobs
- An electric brake that will instantly sop the Makita circular saw from cutting immediately upon releasing the trigger
The Makita Circular Saw Cons:
This saw was not designed and manufactured with left-handed individuals in mind. It does not provide safe or accurate handling for lefties and thus, while ideal, it is best used by those whose right hands are their dominant hands.
5 Questions About The Makita Circular Saw
1. Why is the Makita circular saw so lightweight?
This saw was designed with magnesium components. This allows for a rugged, durable saw design without making the unit cumbersome and heavy.
2. Is the Makita circular saw the best tool for heavy-duty cutting?
While the Makita circular saw is perfect for a number of demanding jobs, some of your biggest and toughest projects may require the use of a special, hypoid saw instead.
3. Which Makita circular saw is best for me?
The latest Makita circular saw to hit the market boasts a heavy-duty, 15-amp motor that should be sufficient for both demanding, DIY projects and numerous, commercial applications.
4. What factors should I consider when choosing a Makita circular saw?
In addition to the getting a sufficiently powerful motor, you will also need to consider the size of the blade for your application, the battery life and whether or not your want a cordless or corded design.
5.. Are corded Makita saws better than cordless units?
Corded saws tend to be more powerful and can function a lot longer than cordless options. The major drawback with these units is that they aren’t sufficient flexible for use in a broad range of applications or locations.
Why I Love The Makita Cordless Saw
The Makita cordless saw is the best circular saw for both professionals and at-home, DIY-enthusiasts. This is one power tool that every guy should have. It’s perfect for demanding cutting jobs and challenging detail work. I love it becauses its lightweight, durable, flexible, and incredibly easy to safely and comfortably handle.
Check out the top 10 circular saw reviews: